Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My friends and I are going away for senior week. The owner said he would be checking on us randomly. Is he allowed to just come in whenever he wants, even if we are all 18 yrs old?|||If it's in writing (in the contract) and you (or whoever is in charge) signed it, then it's probably the way it is. I believe the other two answerers are referring more when you rent an apartment from a landlord... it's where you live, not just a place you're renting for a week or so for a holiday. Most places have renter's rights that state that the landlord isn't allowed to "drop by" unannounced... but must give you at least 24hrs notice (and in some places more) that he/she will be coming for some particular reason.

Your situation sounds like a group of teenagers who paid for a vacation rental for a week. This is different than renting from a landlord where you live.

I'd have to say again, if it's in writing, and signed, then that's probably the way it is. :(|||He has a right to inform you that he will be coming over to check on the apt. with reasonable warning. If he believes there is unlawful activity, or damage being done, he can come anytime to check on it. So, yes he can.|||Depends what is in the lease. Some leases allow inspection, but they have to knock and be let in. You are lucky to find someone to rent to 18 year olds.|||no, I rent out my house in FL and if I just walked in I'd expect my renters to call the cops.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment